Saturday, August 17, 2013

MTC week 4


August 13, 2013

Family and Friends,
            This week has been extremely busy so I’m sorry if I didn’t write.  First off, I saw a bunch of friends this week!  I saw Elder Pace, Skidmore, Wilson, and Aarif a ton since he has the same meal schedule, so almost every meal every day, and I just sat through the devotional tonight with Elder Lunt!  Elder Richard G. Scott spoke and it was amazing!  But it was good to see Jeff and talk to him for awhile.
            So this week we officially became Senpai because the new Kohai came in!  It was so nice with them coming in because it showed us how much we’ve already learned!  And that was extra nice because the language is so hard and I’ve had some struggles, but I’m doing a lot better so not to worry!
            Thursday this week I was still sick, and because of that I was completely exhausted.  However, the Lord strengthened me cause I was able to last throughout the day, which I didn’t think was possible.  So that was a huge blessing!
Saturday we had TRC again, and again it was great!  One of the people we taught was a returned missionary from Sapporo so that was cool!
            Sunday after the devotional I got to go see all of the Oly missionaries that were still in the MTC and got to take a bunch of pictures with them.  During Choir on Sunday the director told us that the person who published “Jesus Once of Humble Birth” donated about 200 copies of it so the missionaries could sing it and wanted the missionaries to take the copies.  So to give them away he gave them to all the  missionaries who went to choir for 4 weeks or more, and since that was my 4th week, I got a copy!
            Monday I was feeling some self doubt and hopelessness.  I felt like I wasn’t fulfilling my purpose and couldn’t do it.  Then during class we taught each other while pretending we were investigators ready to be committed to be baptized, but having doubts.  I was the ‘investigator’ for two of the sister missionaries and I pretended that I had doubts about whether or not I could keep going with the lessons or be baptized and endure to the end.  They then asked me if I believed that Christ would help me.  Immediately the scripture 1 Nephi 3:7 popped into my head.  Specifically the part where it says that the Lord giveth no commandments unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way for them to accomplish the thing which he commands.  I felt the spirit telling me that God has commanded me to go on a mission so he will prepare a way for me.  God answers your prayers!
            Today was great!  We finally were able to go to the temple and see the new temple film!  We also had another miracle happen to us.  Choir was at 5 and we got back from the temple at 4:45.  I didn’t think we were going to make it, but we were able to get dinner, pick up the mail, drop by the classroom to drop off the mail, and go to the residence to get pens and paper for the devotional, and make it to choir on time.  That was 15 minutes.  It was amazing, but we did it with the Lord’s help.  The devotional was a great talk by Richard G. Scott about prayer.
            Again, I thank all of you who are writing letters!  It means a lot to know you care.  If you have any questions I’d be happy to answer them!  I love you all and miss you, but I’m doing great and loving it!  I hope all of you are doing well and you’re in my prayers!

Talk to you next week!
Elder Stephen Bickel



No comments:

Post a Comment