Thursday, August 29, 2013

MTC week 6

August 27, 2013

Family and Friends,

Hosting was way fun, and I hosted 6 people so It was great! Our district was actually assigned to do it for tomorrow which is awesome because the new Kohai will be coming in so hopefully I get a few of them.

Ok so I have seen Jeff a ton! We usually get to sit next to each other during choir which is way nice! I haven't seen Lisa so she's probably on the West Campus.  I see my friends who aren't going to Japan way more than those who are. However I saw a lot of Elder Pace until this morning since he left at 2:30.  


So the song the choir sang was “Precious Savior, Dear Redeemer” and the music is by Brent Stewart.  Look it up, it’s amazing!  So Wednesday one of the sisters had surgery on her ankle so I had the opportunity to fast for her, which was a really cool spiritual experience.  I could tell that the Lord would bless her because of our fast and she’s doing great now.  Never underestimate the power of the fast!  I also had the opportunity to give one of our sisters a blessing, which she said really helped her.  The Lord really does speak through priesthood holders giving blessings.

Thursday was awesome!  We taught our investigator a lesson about repentance and baptism, and before we could commit him, he asked us when he could be baptized.  The spirit was so strong and we felt great!  I’ve also learned that when we use our talents, and we help others with them the Lord will continually and more frequently place us in situations when we can help others.  There are no coincidences; the Lord’s hand is in everything!

Friday was kinda funny because a few of us made one or two origami things and by the end of the day we were all making every paper product we know how to!  The room was so full of different paper crafts that we had to spend some extra time cleaning it all up.  Also, I could feel a glimpse of the gift of tongues and that made me very excited!

Saturday while reading 1 Nephi Chapter 8 I had this really cool thought.  In verse 37 it talks about how Lehi is talking to Laman and Lemuel and it says: ”And he did exhort them then with all the feeling of a tender parent, that they would hearken to his words…”  So I was thinking about it and God is doing the same to us.  He’s the most loving parent there’s ever been, and He’s exhorting all of us to hearken to his words.  Awesome right?

Sunday was good, but a little sad.  I was released as District leader because my 3 weeks of being DL were up, but it’s ok, I feel like I did what I was supposed to.  They switch it every three weeks to make sure people get good leadership opportunities. Poulter Choro is the new DL which didn't surprise me at all.  In District Meeting (Sunday School in the MTC), someone brought up the point that baptism is the most important ordinance because it is a weekly, lifetime covenant.  And if we don’t keep our first covenant, how are we going to keep any others?

Yesterday was one of my teachers’ last day teaching us because school’s starting for him.  He is such a great guy and we took pictures, got advice for the field and said our goodbyes.  He gave us a quote that I’ll share “Love the people with all your heart, trust Heavenly Father completely, choose to be happy every single day, devote yourself fully to the work, and you will have an amazing, great mission.” – Willard Sensei

Today was good, and we did the usual P-day stuff.  Laundry, letters, temple, email, and soon we’ll have dinner and the devotional.  Apparently it’s being broadcast tonight so it’s gotta be one of the 12 or the First Presidency!  I’m so excited!

Sorry I don’t have a lot to say about this week, I’ll work on that for next week!

Love you all,
Elder Stephen Bickel


No comments:

Post a Comment