Sunday, January 5, 2014

January 6, 2014

Hey everybody! I hope everyone's week went well again! Here's how mine went:

Wednesday: Well as you know from last week's letter, today was our P-day because of New Years celebrations. Sadly I was really sick which wasn't very fun, but I made it through the day. Today we mostly just looked around in stores, not really doing anything or buying anything, just looking. It was kinda boring... Tonight I was supposed to go with S Choro to a member's house for dinner, but since I was sick and his 88-year old mom was going to be there, we thought it best that I go on splits and let someone else go instead. Kinda sad, but it happens.

Thursday: Today was our Deep Cleaning Day. Basically we spent the whole day cleaning our apartment from top to bottom. We took one small break for lunch and to go to a Shinto temple which was kinda cool, don't worry, I took pictures. I just forgot them today. And then we went back to the apartment and kept cleaning. Also I wrote down a list of scriptures I really like so if you have some time and want to see some amazing scriptures... Mark 5:36(2nd Half of it); D&C 112:10; Alma 31:34-35; and 1 John 3:22. All of the scriptures are great, but these stood out to me recently...

Friday: Today we had two meals with the members. Lunch was way good and they had us play this card game that is a new years tradition to play here in japan. It's called Karuta and we played the Hokkaido ben(Hokkaido dialect) version, which was kinda fun! Dinner was also great! I also got one of Mom's letters and it had the Christmas card in there, and I just thought I'd let everyone know that though in my parents hearts I'm still 10, I am actually 19 now... Crazy right? ;) haha I just thought that was kinda funny. ;)

Saturday: Today was actually a pretty rough day. We had some great meals with members, but with me being sick still, it kinda put a damper on things. My voice was also going away so I wasn't too happy about that either. Things just seemed like everything was crashing down around me. It was so rough that I cried for the first time in 3 or 4 years I believe... So I prayed. I really prayed to feel comfort and help, and almost immediately I felt the comfort. I was still sad, and could still feel those sad thoughts and feelings if I thought about it, but I definitely felt the comfort and I know that that comfort wasn't from me, it was from God. It was an immediate answer to my prayer and it was an amazing blessing. So remember, that when you're sad, God WILL comfort you, if you ask. And don't worry I'm doing ok now! :)

Sunday: Today I fasted for the 3rd time in 8 days! Crazy right? It was good though. Church went well, and after church we had this Mogi (practice) lesson with one of the members and it helped out a ton! Afterwards, he helped S Choro prepare for his Solo for the Missionary Music Night coming up so that was way nice of him. Then we headed to the apartment, called some people from the Area book, and went to the Bishop's house for an amazing dinner, where we had a really good time. Then we headed home and did the usual planning and sleeping ;) haha

But ya that was the week since you last heard from me! Things are going well for me, and I'm still a little sick, but I have gotten a lot better, so I appreciate your prayers! Thanks a ton! Love you all lots!

Elder Bickel

No comments:

Post a Comment