Monday, November 25, 2013

November 25, 2013


Hey everybody! I hope your week went well!

It turns out that they have to amputate my legs... Just kidding they are doing a ton better so thank you for all of the prayers! They helped a lot!

Anyway, here's my week:
Monday: So today was a pretty normal P-day except we had a district Activity. For that we went to this nearby sports center and played Badminton as well as Volleyball against these high school Japanese boys and it was actually a lot of fun, and everyone wanted to do it again so we'll see if that happens. That night the other elders couldn't wait to give me their birthday presents to me so I got a few presents a few days early.

Tuesday: Well today was pretty fun! After DTM the sisters sang a song for me kinda like what D Choro and I did for F Shimai. Interestingly enough they sang Poker Face and it was super weird, but pretty funny. Then they gave me presents as well, so I had 3 days of presents! For DTM lunch I chose to go to Fireburg which was super good! Then I went on Splits with K Choro for a bit which was fun, and then we had Eikaiwa where people kept on telling me I didn't look or seem like I was 18.

Wednesday: Well my Birthday came a day early this year. Literally though cause of the time change... ;) So today we made cookies for some investigators and ward members that we wanted to thank so we did that and delivered them which was fun. I also got the package my family sent me which was super nice to get the day of my birthday and it was super good so thanks! For dinner we took our Dendo Shunin (Ward Mission Leader) to sushi so that was really fun and tasted delicious! In all it was a great Birthday!

Thursday: Today was pretty normal except we met with an investigator at a nearby restaurant and taught a short little lesson. Also the Zone Leaders came for splits tomorrow so we talked to them for a while and it was fun!

Friday: So today I was on splits with H Choro, and we had a blast! We had a few good deep chats, which I've missed, as well as some funny contacts! We also talked to this guy at Aeon who told us that river frog was really delicious, when we were shizen dendo-ing near the fish section. We almost bought it just so we could say that we'd had river frog on our missions, plus it was super cheap, but decided that we didn't really have the desire to eat it anyway, so we decided against that... ;)

Saturday: Well today we had two really good appointments that went really well! We just did the usual dendo other than that though, and missed Ping-Pong cause of the appointments, but that was alright. But ya we had a regular but good day today. (Isn't it nice that my "regular days" are good days? :) )

Sunday: Today was very good. We had some good meetings at church and it was the Primary Program so that was cute. I aslo found out that our Bishop's wife went to the 26th ward for like a month and visits every once in a while cause one of her mission companions lives on Apple Blossom Lane, so it was cool to hear that and to think of how small the world really is... We also had the lunch meeting thing after church with all of the members so that was really fun! Then we had the Messiah rehearsal again which is still hard, but it was good! Then we walked back, had spaghetti with Fried Chicken and then it was time to go to bed!

Really fun stuff this week, and I enjoyed things a lot! Thanks again for your prayers! I really did feel them! I love you all! Have a great week!

Elder Bickel

No comments:

Post a Comment