Monday, November 3, 2014

October 19, 2014

Hey everybody! I hope your week went well! Mine went great! Kinda crazy, but way fun! So as a Honbu elder we don't have a ton of time to dendo usually, but when we do, we see miracles that aren't even imaginable! ;)

So first I'll explain a little bit of what I do...
So we live in the upper floor of the Honbu with the Assistants to the President. We see Nakatsuka Kaicho and Shimai on almost a daily basis, except for when they travel around the mission for various reasons. There is a Senior couple in the Honbu doing the Financial stuff and the Secretary position. They are the Getz fufu, but they are way nice, and they are super fun. Kaicho has told me that he wants me here for at least two transfers but doesn't know after that... As Honbu elders we actually have a car we share with the AP's but they don't have a license and Y 長老 does so we get to use it and I may get to take the test to drive in December! As for my Japanese, I no longer have Language study each day, so that's a little bit of a bummer, but I guess that's just what happens...

But my work is basically doing all of the letters to gaijin's and their parents, as well as getting all of the stuff ready for the new missionaries, the returning missionaries, the baptisms, a mission newsletter, updating a computer database with everyone's information, cutting flyers, getting mission supplies for everyone, and any random things people need me to do. So it is a very interesting job! :) It's pretty fun though cause I see how many missionaries I'm actually helping out without them even realizing what I'm doing really. 

But in this week's dendo, we were able to make about 6 appointments in about 3 hours total dendo time, as well as make 4 new investigators yesterday. But the craziest part about that 4 investigators thing, was that one of them was a referral from one of the appointments. So here's how it went. We made the appointment on Monday night to come back to this guy's apartment that smelled super bad of smoke and we didn't think he had a ton of potential. But last night, we headed over there and he opens the door and says "Hey come on in. You guys are still out tonight for a little while right? Ya ok well any time you can just come over here." So we're like ok... what's going on here. So he invites us in and we see this other guy just sitting down inside his house as well, and we say hello, and then the first guy says "I want you to teach him about God. And I want to learn some stuff from you guys too but I believe that God exists and helps out when we have hard times." So now we're just flabbergasted really wondering what's going on, and he and his friend basically asked a ton of super good questions that lead so well into good lessons, and it just went perfectly. But on top of that, this all happened right after we made two other investigators with one of them being this really cool 19-year-old college student who is studying Psychology and accepted the Book of Mormon and he seemed like he really wanted to read it! All in less than 3 hours in one day! 

Since coming to the Honbu, I've seen God help me out so much in so many different ways! He's helped me figure out what I need to do for the different new responsibilities I have as well as in the amazing success we're seeing in our proselyting efforts in our limited time. It's amazing what God's power can do, and I'm so glad to be a part of this church with this opportunity to serve the Lord here in Sapporo! 

Love you all! 
Have a great week!

Love,

Stephen

No comments:

Post a Comment